WebM&M Cases & Commentaries
WebM&M (Morbidity & Mortality Rounds on the Web) features expert analysis of medical errors reported anonymously by our readers. Spotlight Cases include interactive learning modules available for CME. Commentaries are written by patient safety experts and published monthly. Contribute by Submitting a Case anonymously.
Narrow Results Clear All
- Communication Improvement 1
- Education and Training 1
- Human Factors Engineering 1
- Legal and Policy Approaches 1
- Quality Improvement Strategies 1
- Technologic Approaches 1
- Device-related Complications 1
- Medical Complications 1
- Medication Errors/Preventable Adverse Drug Events 1
- Nonsurgical Procedural Complications 1
Eran Kozer, MD; June 2003
A boy given an overdose of nifedipine rather than its extended-release (XL) form suffers dangerous hypotension.
- Spotlight Case
Adrienne G. Randolph, MD, MSc ; May 2003
An infant codes due to pulmonary emboli after a central line flush.