What is PSNet Continuing Education?
PSNet Continuing Education offerings include WebM&M Spotlight Cases and Commentaries, which are certified for Continuing Medical Education/ Continuing Education Units (CME/CEU) and Maintenance of Certification (MOC) credit through the University of California, Davis (UCD) Health Office of Continuing Medical Education.
Each WebM&M Spotlight Case and Commentary is certified for the AMA PRA Category 1™ and Maintenance of Certification (MOC) through the American Board of Internal Medicine by the Office of Continuing Medical Education (OCME) at UCD, Health.
Learn more about how to earn credit from UCD
UCD's CME Security and Privacy
How does it work?
Earn CME or MOC credit and trainee certification by successfully completing quizzes based on Cases & Commentaries.
- Individuals have two attempts at each quiz to achieve a passing score of 80% or higher in order to earn credit.
- If you fail a quiz twice, the quiz will become unavailable, but the Spotlight case will be available as read-only.
- Spotlight Cases older than three years continue to be available as read-only, but their associated quizzes have been disabled.
New WebM&M Spotlight Cases
An adult woman with a history of suicidal ideation was taking prescribed antidepressants, but later required admission to the hospital after overdosing on her prescribed medications. A consulting... Read More
A 72-year-old man was diagnosed with COVID-19 pneumonia and ileus, and admitted to a specialized COVID care unit. A nasogastric tube (NGT) was placed, supplemental oxygen was provided, and oral feedings were... Read More
These cases describe the rare but dangerous complication of hematoma following neck surgery. The first case involves a patient with a history of spinal stenosis who was admitted for elective cervical discectomy and... Read More
A 38-year-old man with end-stage renal disease (ESRD) on chronic hemodialysis was admitted for nonhealing, infected lower leg wounds and underwent a below-knee... Read More
All WebM&M Spotlight Cases (182)
- Communication Improvement(89)
- Quality Improvement Strategies(49)
- Education and Training(47)
- Technologic Approaches(34)
- Human Factors Engineering(32)
- Error Reporting and Analysis(27)
- Specialization of Care(14)
- Computerized Decision Support(11)
- Logistical Approaches(11)
- Computerized Provider Order Entry (CPOE)(10)
- Culture of Safety(10)
- Legal and Policy Approaches(9)
- Care Coordination(1)
- Policies and Operations(1)
- Diagnostic Errors(54)
- Discontinuities, Gaps, and Hand-Off Problems(50)
- Medication Safety(49)
- Medical Complications(24)
- Surgical Complications(19)
- Nonsurgical Procedural Complications(15)
- Device-Related Complications(13)
- Psychological and Social Complications(12)
- Interruptions and distractions(9)
- Identification Errors(4)
- Alert fatigue(3)
- Transfusion Complications(2)
- Failure to rescue(1)
- Fatigue and Sleep Deprivation(1)
- MRI safety(1)
- Second victims(1)
- Transitions of Care(1)