Perspectives on Safety
Narrow Results Clear All
- Communication Improvement 1
- Culture of Safety 1
- Education and Training 1
- Error Reporting and Analysis 1
- Legal and Policy Approaches 1
- Policies and Operations 1
- Quality Improvement Strategies 1
- Research Directions 1
- Technologic Approaches 1
- Ambulatory Clinic or Office
- Epidemiology of Errors and Adverse Events
- Health Care Executives and Administrators
- Health Care Providers
- Psychological and Social Complications
Health System Consolidation and Patient Safety, March 2019
Dr. Haas is an obstetrician–gynecologist and co-Principal Investigator for Ariadne Labs' work focused on health care system expansion. We spoke with her about the trend of health systems getting larger and more integrated, the risks to patient safety, and ways to mitigate these risks.
with commentary by Paul E. Phrampus, MD, Health System Consolidation and Patient Safety, March 2019
This piece outlines how large integrated health care systems can implement effective patient safety programs and spotlights the importance of leadership engagement and a just culture.
with commentary by Rachel J. Stern, MD, and Urmimala Sarkar, MD, 2018
Patient engagement is widely acknowledged as a cornerstone of patient safety. Research in 2018 demonstrates that patient engagement, when done correctly, can help health care systems identify safety hazards, regain trust after they occur, and codesign sustainable solutions.