The PSNet Collection: All Content
Search All Content
- Journal Article(8)
- Newspaper/Magazine Article(154)
- Patient Safety Innovations(1)
- Patient Safety Primers(1)
- Perspectives on Safety(11)
- Press Release/Announcement(9)
- Special or Theme Issue(2)
- Web Resource(49)
- Behavioral change(1)
- Care Coordination(1)
- Communication Improvement(40)
- Computerized Decision Support(2)
- Computerized Provider Order Entry (CPOE)(1)
- Culture of Safety(20)
- Education and Training(30)
- Error Reporting and Analysis(58)
- Human Factors Engineering(12)
- Legal and Policy Approaches(136)
- Logistical Approaches(3)
- Policies and Operations(21)
- Quality Improvement Strategies(13)
- Research Directions(2)
- Specialization of Care(4)
- Technologic Approaches(26)
- Transparency and Accountability(17)
- Device-Related Complications(8)
- Diagnostic Errors(37)
- Discontinuities, Gaps, and Hand-Off Problems(24)
- Drug shortages(1)
- Failure to rescue(2)
- Fatigue and Sleep Deprivation(2)
- Identification Errors(1)
- Inpatient suicide(5)
- Interruptions and distractions(3)
- Medical Complications(57)
- Medication Safety(36)
- Nonsurgical Procedural Complications(2)
- Psychological and Social Complications(60)
- Second victims(1)
- Surgical Complications(7)
- Transitions of Care(3)
Schorsch K, Karp S. WBEZ Chicago. March 9, 2023.
Sausser L. Kaiser Health News. March 13, 2023.
Tamayo-Sarver J. Fast Company. March 13, 2023.
Dr. Neal Sikka and Dr. Colton Hood are emergency medicine physicians who work in the Innovative Practice & Telemedicine section at George Washington University Hospital (GW). We spoke with them about their experience implementing remote patient monitoring (RPM) programs, GW’s Maritime Medical Access program, and patient safety considerations in the remote environment.
This piece discusses the evolution of remote patient monitoring, emergence into use with acute conditions, patient safety considerations, and the continued challenges of telehealth implementation.
Satariano A, Metz C. New York Times. March 5, 2023.
Food and Drug Administration. February 23. 2023.
Reed J. BBC. February 27, 2023.
Derfel A. Montreal Gazette. February 24- March 1, 2023
Washington, DC: VA Office of the Inspector General; February 2, 2023. Report no. 22-01363-52.
Kennedy-Moulton K, Miller S, Persson P, et al. Cambridge, MA: National Bureau of Economic Research; 2022. NBER Working Paper No. 30693.
Renault M. STAT. February 6, 2023.
Connor Wesley, RN, BSN, is a registered nurse in Tacoma, WA. In addition to his role as the Assistant Nurse Manager of the Emergency Department at MultiCare Allenmore Hospital, Connor lectures locally and nationally on providing healthcare to members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer or questioning (LGBTQ+) community. We interviewed Connor to discuss patient safety and the LGBTQ+ community.
Goldstein J. New York Times. January 23, 2023.
This piece discusses patient safety concerns among members of the LGBTQ+ community which may inhibit access to needed healthcare and potential ways to provide patient-centered care and mitigate the risk of adverse events.
Westwood R. Kaiser Health News. January 12, 2023.
Abelson R. New York Times. December 15, 2022.