The PSNet Collection: All Content
Search All Content
- Communication Improvement(6)
- Education and Training(6)
- Error Reporting and Analysis(11)
- Human Factors Engineering(6)
- Legal and Policy Approaches(2)
- Logistical Approaches(1)
- Quality Improvement Strategies(6)
- Research Directions(1)
- Specialization of Care(2)
- Technologic Approaches(3)
- Transparency and Accountability(1)
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality.
A 52-year-old woman presented for a lumpectomy with lymphoscintigraphy and sentinel lymph node biopsy (SLNB) after being diagnosed with ductal carcinoma in situ (DICS). On the day of surgery, the patient was met in the pre-operative unit by several different providers (pre-operative nurse, resident physician, attending physician, and anethesiology team) to help prepare her for the procedure. In the OR, the surgical team performed two separate time-outs while the patient was being prepped, placed under general anesthesia, and draped.
Boodman SG. Washington Post. January 23, 2021.
Stone W. Health Shots. National Public Radio. April 2, 2020.