The PSNet Collection: All Content
Search All Content
- Communication Improvement(55)
- Computerized Decision Support(1)
- Culture of Safety(15)
- Education and Training(19)
- Error Reporting and Analysis(60)
- Human Factors Engineering(33)
- Legal and Policy Approaches(14)
- Logistical Approaches(4)
- Policies and Operations(2)
- Quality Improvement Strategies(28)
- Research Directions(1)
- Specialization of Care(1)
- Technologic Approaches(6)
- Transparency and Accountability(1)
- Device-Related Complications(3)
- Diagnostic Errors(4)
- Discontinuities, Gaps, and Hand-Off Problems(2)
- Identification Errors(35)
- Inpatient suicide(1)
- Medical Complications(15)
- Medication Safety(9)
- MRI safety(1)
- Nonsurgical Procedural Complications(4)
- Psychological and Social Complications(3)
- Surgical Complications(132)
- Transfusion Complications(1)
Although wrong-site surgeries are rare, they can be devastating to patients. One otolaryngology (ENT) clinic developed a surgical marking procedure deemed practicable and useful by both providers and patients.
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2018-2023.
Farnborough, UK: Healthcare Safety Investigation Branch; June 2021.
Farnborough, UK: Healthcare Safety Investigation Branch; April 2021.