The PSNet Collection: All Content
Search All Content
- Care Coordination(3)
- Communication Improvement(37)
- Computerized Decision Support(9)
- Computerized Provider Order Entry (CPOE)(2)
- Culture of Safety(18)
- Education and Training(33)
- Error Reporting and Analysis(34)
- Human Factors Engineering(16)
- Legal and Policy Approaches(18)
- Logistical Approaches(15)
- Policies and Operations(5)
- Quality Improvement Strategies(39)
- Research Directions(13)
- Specialization of Care(5)
- Technologic Approaches(34)
- Transparency and Accountability(3)
- Alert fatigue(2)
- Device-Related Complications(4)
- Diagnostic Errors(148)
- Discontinuities, Gaps, and Hand-Off Problems(41)
- Failure to rescue(1)
- Fatigue and Sleep Deprivation(3)
- Identification Errors(3)
- Inpatient suicide(1)
- Interruptions and distractions(3)
- Medical Complications(12)
- Medication Safety(11)
- Nonsurgical Procedural Complications(5)
- Psychological and Social Complications(17)
- Second victims(1)
- Surgical Complications(6)
London, UK: Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman; 2021. ISBN 9781528627016.
Rosen M, Ali KJ, Buckley BO, et al. Rockville, MD: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality; June 2021. AHRQ Publication No. 20(21)-0040-5-EF.
A 52-year-old man complaining of intermittent left shoulder pain for several years was diagnosed with a rotator cuff injury and underwent left shoulder surgery. The patient received a routine follow-up X-ray four months later.
Cleghorn E. New York, NY: Dutton; 2021. ISBN: 9780593182956.
Ross C. STAT. June 2, 2021.
Medscape Medical News. May 12, 2021.
A pregnant patient was admitted for scheduled Cesarean delivery, before being tested according to a universal inpatient screening protocol for SARS-CoV-2. During surgery, the patient developed a fever and required oxygen supplementation. Due to suspicion for COVID-19, a specimen obtained via nasopharyngeal swab was sent to a commercial laboratory for reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) testing.
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. April 2021.
Constellation, Society to Improve Diagnosis in Medicine.