Medication-error reporting and pharmacy resident experience during implementation of computerized prescriber order entry.
Approach to Improving Safety
- Institutional Reporting
- Error Analysis
- Clinical Pharmacist Involvement
- Computerized Provider Order Entry (CPOE)
Setting of Care
- Facility and Group Administrators
- Quality and Safety Professionals
- Information Professionals
The investigators studied the type and number of medication errors before and after computerized prescriber order entry was implemented in an intensive care unit and found that medication errors increased initially.