CPOE: it don't come easy.
Approach to Improving Safety
- Computerized Adverse Event Detection
- Computerized Provider Order Entry (CPOE)
- Computerized Decision Support
- Education and Training
- Medication Errors/Preventable Adverse Drug Events
- Specific to High-Risk Drugs
- Transfusion Complications
Setting of Care
Although shifting from paper-based or verbal orders to computerized physician order entry (CPOE) systems could reduce medical errors, a mere 8% of hospitals use the system and fewer implement it effectively, according to the Leapfrog Group CPOE evaluation tool.