Narrow Results Clear All
- Communication Improvement 1
- Education and Training 2
- Error Reporting and Analysis 1
- Human Factors Engineering 1
- Legal and Policy Approaches 2
- Logistical Approaches 1
- Quality Improvement Strategies 2
- Device-related Complications 2
- Discontinuities, Gaps, and Hand-Off Problems 1
- Fatigue and Sleep Deprivation 1
- Medical Complications 1
- Medication Safety 2
- MRI safety 1
- Nonsurgical Procedural Complications 1
Search results for "Organizational Policy/Guidelines"
- Organizational Policy/Guidelines
- Press Release/Announcement
Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education.
Implementation of resident duty hours, meant to address fatigue in health care, has long been a subject of patient safety discussions. This website provides a summary of proposed changes to the current ACGME residency Common Program Requirements that shape working hours, offers rationale for the revisions.
Oakbrook Terrace, IL: Joint Commission; May 17, 2011.
This announcement reveals the new National Patient Safety Goal for 2012, which aims to reduce catheter-acquired infections in hospitals.
Sentinel Event Alert. February 14, 2008;(38):1-3.
This alert provides risk reduction strategies and recommendations to minimize opportunities for failures associated with the use of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).
Information Exchange System Alert. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization; July 18, 2007.
This international announcement provides guidance on the safe administration of the chemotherapeutic agent vincristine.
Sentinel Event Alert. January 25, 2006;(35):1-4.
This alert emphasizes the importance of reconciling medications and supports implementation of this Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations' (JCAHO) National Patient Safety Goal.