Narrow Results Clear All
- Error Reporting and Analysis
- Human Factors Engineering 1
- Quality Improvement Strategies 1
- Technologic Approaches
Search results for ""
- Bar Coding and Radiofrequency ID Tagging
- Failure Mode Effects Analysis
- Health Care Executives and Administrators
Tools/Toolkit > Toolkit
Pathways for Medication Safety Tool #2. Chicago, IL: American Hospital Association; 2003.
A compendium of risk assessment tools to assist in the prevention of medication errors. The tools emphasize the importance of a multidisciplinary approach to managing risk with key sections focusing on physicians, nurses, pharmacists, risk managers, and administrators.
Journal Article > Commentary
Preventing medication errors in hospitals through a systems approach and technological innovation: a prescription for 2010.
Crane J, Crane FG. Hosp Top. Fall 2006;84:3-8.
The authors suggest a model process utilizing failure mode and effects analysis to effectively implement emerging technologies that help minimize medication error.