Narrow Results Clear All
- Communication Improvement 1
- Culture of Safety 1
- Education and Training
- Error Reporting and Analysis 1
- Human Factors Engineering 2
- Logistical Approaches
- Technologic Approaches
- Device-related Complications 1
- Discontinuities, Gaps, and Hand-Off Problems 1
- Interruptions and distractions 1
- Medication Safety 2
Search results for ""
Cases & Commentaries
- Web M&M
Tess Pape, PhD, RN, CNOR; February 2006
Bypassing the safeguards of an automated dispensing machine in a skilled nursing facility, a nurse administers medications from a portable medication cart. A non-diabetic patient receives insulin by mistake, which requires his admission to intensive care and delays his chemotherapy for cancer.
ISMP Medication Safety Alert! Acute Care Edition. September 11, 2008;13:1-3.
This article discusses a medication error associated with a new smart pump system and describes strategies to prevent errors when well-established processes are changed.