Narrow Results Clear All
- Device-related Complications 1
- Medical Complications
- Medication Safety 1
- Nonsurgical Procedural Complications 1
Search results for ""
- Critical Pathways
- Human Factors Engineering
- Quality Improvement Strategies
- Venous Thrombosis and Thromboembolism
Cases & Commentaries
- Spotlight Case
- Web M&M
Adrienne G. Randolph, MD, MSc ; May 2003
An infant codes due to pulmonary emboli after a central line flush.
Daner WE, Gosselin RC, Raschke R, Vanderveen T. Patient Saf Qual Healthcare. January/February 2009;6:20-25.
This article explains safety challenges commonly associated with heparin, a high-alert medication, and outlines how hospitals and clinicians can prevent these errors.