Narrow Results Clear All
- Communication Improvement
- Error Reporting and Analysis 1
- Human Factors Engineering 1
- Legal and Policy Approaches 1
- Logistical Approaches
- Quality Improvement Strategies 2
- Specialization of Care 1
- Technologic Approaches 1
- Discontinuities, Gaps, and Hand-Off Problems 4
- Identification Errors 2
- Medical Complications 1
- Medication Safety 2
- Psychological and Social Complications 1
- Surgical Complications 1
Search results for ""
Cases & Commentaries
- Web M&M
Robert M. Wachter, MD; October 2003
A missing lab result leads to a 6-month delay in informing a patient about a new diagnosis of HIV.
Journal Article > Commentary
Saxena S, Kempf R, Wilcox S, et al. Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf. 2005;31:495-506.
The authors applied failure mode effects and criticality analysis to improve laboratory value notification processes with non-emergent areas of care in a teaching hospital.
Kowalczyk L. Boston Globe. April 21, 2007:B1.
This article reports on the results from Joint Commission site inspections of five Boston-area hospitals.