Narrow Results Clear All
- Communication Improvement
- Education and Training 1
- Legal and Policy Approaches
- Quality Improvement Strategies 1
- Technologic Approaches 1
- Device-related Complications 1
- Medical Complications 1
- Medication Errors/Preventable Adverse Drug Events 1
Search results for "Noncognitive Errors ("Slips & Lapses")"
- Communication between Providers
- Health Care Providers
- Noncognitive Errors ("Slips & Lapses")
Perspectives on Safety > Interview
Prevention of Urinary Tract Infections: Lessons for Patient Safety, November 2008
Sanjay Saint, MD, MPH, is Professor of Medicine at the University of Michigan and the Ann Arbor VA Medical Center in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Dr. Saint's research has focused on reducing health care–associated infections, with a particular focus on preventing catheter-related urinary tract infections (UTIs). We asked him to speak with us about how research on UTI prevention provides broader lessons for patient safety.
Cases & Commentaries
- Web M&M
Eran Kozer, MD; June 2003
A boy given an overdose of nifedipine rather than its extended-release (XL) form suffers dangerous hypotension.