Narrow Results Clear All
- Education and Training 1
- Human Factors Engineering 1
- Legal and Policy Approaches 1
- Logistical Approaches 1
- Quality Improvement Strategies 1
- Technologic Approaches 2
Search results for "Noncognitive Errors ("Slips & Lapses")"
- Facility and Group Administrators
- Look-Alike, Sound-Alike Drugs
- Noncognitive Errors ("Slips & Lapses")
Wahlberg D. Wisconsin State Journal. July 22, 2006:A1.
This article reports on a federal warning issued to a hospital after a medication error led to the death of a 16-year-old girl.
Cases & Commentaries
- Web M&M
Tess Pape, PhD, RN, CNOR; February 2006
Bypassing the safeguards of an automated dispensing machine in a skilled nursing facility, a nurse administers medications from a portable medication cart. A non-diabetic patient receives insulin by mistake, which requires his admission to intensive care and delays his chemotherapy for cancer.