Narrow Results Clear All
- Communication Improvement 1
- Culture of Safety 1
- Error Reporting and Analysis 1
- Human Factors Engineering 1
- Legal and Policy Approaches 1
- Quality Improvement Strategies 1
Search results for "Media"
Perspectives on Safety > Perspective
Organizational Change in the Face of Highly Public Errors—I. The Dana-Farber Cancer Institute Experience
with commentary by James B. Conway; Saul N. Weingart, MD, PhD, Errors in the Media and Organizational Change, May 2005
A decade ago, two tragic medical errors rocked one of the world’s great cancer hospitals, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (DFCI) in Boston, to its core. The errors led to considerable soul searching and, ultimately, a major change in institutional practices a...