Narrow Results Clear All
- Communication Improvement
- Culture of Safety 1
- Education and Training 1
- Error Reporting and Analysis 1
- Human Factors Engineering 3
- Legal and Policy Approaches 1
- Logistical Approaches 2
- Quality Improvement Strategies 1
- Specialization of Care 1
- Technologic Approaches 1
- Diagnostic Errors 1
- Discontinuities, Gaps, and Hand-Off Problems 2
- Identification Errors 1
- Interruptions and distractions 1
- Medical Complications 2
- Medication Safety 1
- Surgical Complications
Search results for "Read Back Protocols"
- Postoperative Surgical Complications
- Read Back Protocols
Journal Article > Commentary
Saufl NM. J Perianesth Nurs. 2009;24:114-118.
This commentary provides background on the development of the Joint Commission's 2009 National Patient Safety Goals and summarizes the goals set for the hospital environment.
ASQ Quarterly Quality Report. Milwaukee, WI: American Society of Quality; October 2008.
This report describes strategies for health care institutions to prevent never events, based on results of a 2008 survey of quality professionals.
Cases & Commentaries
- Web M&M
Arpana Vidyarthi, MD; March 2004
Due to a series of incomplete signouts, information about a patient's post-operative leg pain and chest discomfort is not conveyed to the primary team. A PE is discovered post-mortem.