Narrow Results Clear All
- Communication Improvement 1
- Culture of Safety 1
- Human Factors Engineering 1
- Legal and Policy Approaches 1
- Logistical Approaches 1
- Quality Improvement Strategies 1
- Technologic Approaches 1
Search results for "Diagnostic Errors"
- Diagnostic Errors
- Discontinuities, Gaps, and Hand-Off Problems
- Hospital Medicine
- Quality and Safety Professionals
Journal Article > Study
Early readmissions to the department of medicine as a screening tool for monitoring quality of care problems.
Balla U, Malnick S, Schattner A. Medicine (Baltimore). 2008;87:294-300.
Unplanned readmissions within 30 days of discharge were associated with problems in the quality of care, including inadequate diagnostic workup and diagnostic error.
Cases & Commentaries
- Web M&M
Arpana Vidyarthi, MD; March 2004
Due to a series of incomplete signouts, information about a patient's post-operative leg pain and chest discomfort is not conveyed to the primary team. A PE is discovered post-mortem.