Patient safety toolkits provide practical applications of PSNet research and concepts for front line providers to use in their day to day work. These toolkits contain resources necessary to implement patient safety systems and protocols.
Horsham, PA; Institute for Safe Medication Practices: April 2023.
All Toolkits (240)
- Communication Improvement(77)
- Computerized Decision Support(1)
- Computerized Provider Order Entry (CPOE)(1)
- Culture of Safety(27)
- Education and Training(93)
- Error Reporting and Analysis(37)
- Human Factors Engineering(17)
- Legal and Policy Approaches(6)
- Logistical Approaches(5)
- Policies and Operations(1)
- Quality Improvement Strategies(72)
- Research Directions(1)
- Specialization of Care(5)
- Technologic Approaches(15)
- Device-Related Complications(7)
- Diagnostic Errors(14)
- Discontinuities, Gaps, and Hand-Off Problems(23)
- Drug shortages(2)
- Fatigue and Sleep Deprivation(1)
- Identification Errors(3)
- Interruptions and distractions(2)
- Medical Complications(29)
- Medication Safety(74)
- Nonsurgical Procedural Complications(2)
- Psychological and Social Complications(16)
- Second victims(1)
- Surgical Complications(14)
- Transfusion Complications(2)
Rockville, MD: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality; 2021.
National Confidential Inquiry into Suicide and Safety in Mental Health. Manchester, UK: University of Manchester; May 31, 2021
Betsy Lehman Center for Patient Safety. September 2021.
Rockville, MD: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality; August 2021. AHRQ Publication No. 21-0047-2-EF.
Center for Healthy Aging--New York Academy of Medicine, Yale School of Nursing.
AHA Team Training and Project Firstline. Chicago, IL: American Hospital Association, Center for Disease Control and Prevention; July 2021.
Rockville, MD: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality; June 2021.
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. April 2021.
AHA Physician Alliance. Chicago, IL: American Hospital Association. February 2021.
The American Society for Dermatologic Surgery Association and the Northwestern University Department of Dermatology.
Harrisburg, PA: Pennsylvania Safety Authority; 2020.
Boston, MA: Institute for Healthcare Improvement; 2020.