Patient safety toolkits provide practical applications of PSNet research and concepts for front line providers to use in their day to day work. These toolkits contain resources necessary to implement patient safety systems and protocols.
Horsham, PA; Institute for Safe Medication Practices: April 2023.
All Toolkits (266)
- Communication Improvement(78)
- Computerized Decision Support(1)
- Computerized Provider Order Entry (CPOE)(1)
- Culture of Safety(34)
- Education and Training(97)
- Error Reporting and Analysis(46)
- Human Factors Engineering(20)
- Legal and Policy Approaches(7)
- Logistical Approaches(5)
- Policies and Operations(3)
- Quality Improvement Strategies(82)
- Research Directions(3)
- Specialization of Care(6)
- Technologic Approaches(18)
- Device-Related Complications(8)
- Diagnostic Errors(19)
- Discontinuities, Gaps, and Hand-Off Problems(23)
- Drug shortages(2)
- Fatigue and Sleep Deprivation(1)
- Identification Errors(5)
- Interruptions and distractions(2)
- Medical Complications(34)
- Medication Safety(82)
- Nonsurgical Procedural Complications(3)
- Psychological and Social Complications(22)
- Second victims(1)
- Surgical Complications(17)
- Transfusion Complications(2)
AHA Physician Alliance. Chicago, IL: American Hospital Association. February 2021.
The American Society for Dermatologic Surgery Association and the Northwestern University Department of Dermatology.
Harrisburg, PA: Pennsylvania Safety Authority; 2020.
Boston, MA: Institute for Healthcare Improvement; 2020.
Rockville, MD; Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality: 2020.
Baltimore MD: University of Maryland School of Pharmacy; 2020.
Child Health Patient Safety Organization. Washington DC: Children's Hospital Association; May 2020.
Circle Up for COVID-19 Training. Center for Medical Simulation.
American Society of Anesthesiologists, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. March 12, 2020.
Stanford, CA; California Maternal Quality Care Collaborative: July 1, 2022.
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ). March 2020.